Situated at Nantes south gate, Abbey de Villeneuve is the ideal place for a traditional welcome.
Founded in 1201 by Constance de Panthièvre, the Duchess of Brittany, it was very important in the 15th Century, and partly destroyed during the revolution. Abandoned at the end of the Second world-war, it was entirely restored in 1977.
The Abbey is now a boutique hotel retaining traces of its history and the nobility of its architecture. The 20 rooms and apartments have all the mod cons yet have kept their authentic decor. They are equipped with colour TV, telephone and alarm clock. Communal areas are kept simple and classic in keeping with the order of the building.
Just 15 minutes to Nantes and 10 minutes from the Nantes-Atlantic airport, l’Abbaye de Villeneuve proffers vast lounges and meeting rooms in accordance with the old-fashioned spirit and is surrounded by 4 hectares of park. The current building dates from the 18th Century and is the former Cistercian hostel. It has received all the refined comforts of our time, while retaining the charm and nobility of its own.